What is The UC Hastings Legacy Society?
The UC Hastings Legacy Society honors individuals who have taken steps to include a planned gift of any size to UC Hastings through their estate plans. Planned gifts provide the financial support necessary for UC Hastings to maintain the highest quality student body and faculty well into the future.
What are the benefits of Legacy Society membership?
Membership in The UC Hastings Legacy Society allows us to thank and recognize you for your forethought in including UC Hastings in your estate plans. Furthermore, Legacy Society membership provides a powerful example to others who deeply care about UC Hastings that they can make their own commitments to Hastings’ future.
Additional benefits of membership include:
- An invitation to the annual Legacy Society event
- Recognition as a Legacy Society member in UC Hastings’ Annual Report on Philanthropy (optional)
- Periodic updates on the progress of Building UC Hastings campus plans
- Notifications for Academic Department speaking events highlighting current, top-of-mind issues. When available, events that are recorded will be posted on the UC Hastings’ website so those who cannot attend can still view the event online
- Notifications of new publications of the Hastings Law Journal
- Notifications of volunteer opportunities to interact with students such as mentoring, Moot Court coaching and judging, etc.
How do I become a member of the Legacy Society?
You can become a member of the Legacy Society by naming UC Hastings as a beneficiary of planned gifts such as wills, bequests, IRA or Life Insurance accounts, or Charitable Trusts and Annuities. Once you have made your gift, kindly notify us and we will mail you a welcome and acknowledgement letter and other important information related to your Legacy Society membership.
You may notify us of your planned gift quickly and easily by filling out our online Legacy Society form. You may also inform us by contacting Tracy Whitlock, Director of Planned Giving, by phone at 415.581.8820 or by email at email@example.com.
What is the impact of my gift?
Legacy Society members make a substantial philanthropic impact, inspire other to give and ensure that we continue providing the highest quality legal education today and into the future.